I love salads. Sometimes.
Salads are actually a hit or miss for me, depending on what goes on them. I thought I’d share with you my favorite salad right now: it’s quick, delicious, and healthy. I’ll also add some of my other favorite salad toppings to the list at the bottom.
The perfect beginning to a salad is yummy leafy greens! I always pack them full of romain and kale. Then on top goes:
♥ Kalamata olives
♥ Sundried Tomatoes
♥ Roasted chickpeas
♥ Gardein breaded chicken strips
Sometimes I even serve them with Italian stew.
When I’m not sticking to a Mediterranean theme, I also love:
♥ Roasted beets
♥ Artichoke hearts
♥ Sunflower seeds
♥ Dried cranberries
♥ Nutritional yeast
♥ Raspberry vinaigrette
What do you like on your salad?
- ♥ 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (about one can, drained)
- ♥ 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- ♥ salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne powder to taste preference
- For salad
- ♥ 3 cups chopped kale
- ♥ 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- ♥ 3-4 vegan chicken strips
- ♥ 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ♥ 6-8 kalamata olives
- In a small saute pan, heat oil (I prefer avocado) and add in chickpeas and seasonings, and saute until browned on all sides.
- You can either add the chicken strips to the chickpea pan and cook in that format or throw them into the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, chop kale and and romaine lettuce into half-inch squares.
- Add all of the ingredients together, including the kale, lettuce, chickpeas, chicken, tomatoes, and olives, in a large bowl, and mow down.