Fabulous fall time! Who else is excited?
Since moving down to California, the weather made fall time a little less exciting. It has been 75 degrees and sunny just about every day, and I am NOT complaining, but it certainly makes the seasons kind of blend together.
Fall and winter have always been my favorite times of the year. I love the holidays and the family adventures and the food. Especially the food.
I have been working on my holiday dishes (mostly pies), and I started thinking about finding some healthier outlets for my holiday cravings. Don’t get me wrong, Thanksgiving and Christmas are not about the health of their meals, but why waste the rest of fall eating boring foods that aren’t inspired by the holidays? Especially when you can have healthier types of the holiday foods! Exhibit A: Pumpkin spice smoothie.
This smoothie has a frozen banana base, some coconut and nut milk, and some pumpkin spice, and that is just about it. Simple, nutritious, and delicious.
Let me know what you think and have a wonderful holiday season!
- ♥ 2-3 bananas, chopped and frozen
- ♥ 1 cup nut milk (I like cashew for this recipe)
- ♥ 1/2 coconut milk
- ♥ 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ♥ 1/2 cup ice
- Freeze bananas as necessary.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Drink up!
- ♥ You can purchase a pre-blended pumpkin spice, or make your own blend. The recipe for a simple at-home blend is as follows: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, and a dash of ground cloves.