I might have a small addiction to peanut butter and chocolate. They just taste so dang perfect together, I can’t help it!
I discovered an extremely simple snack recipe using peanut butter and chocolate once again, and even added a bit of fiber with an apple 😉 They take three simple steps:
- Cover apple in chocolate in peanut butter
- Drizzle in more chocolate
With the quick and simple recipe comes a quick and simple blog post. So I hope all of your souls are happy and content and full of light and love on this beautiful weekday afternoon. No matter what else I could have posted today, that well wishing is all that really matters.
- ♥ 2 apples
- ♥ 16-20 kabob sticks
- ♥ 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- ♥ 1/2 cup peanut butter
- ♥ 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- ♥ 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Melt the 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter to the chocolate chips, stir, and return to microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool for just a bit while you slice the apples into 8-10 pieces each.
- Stick the apple slices onto kabob sticks and dip into the chocolate peanut butter and use a spoon to thinly coat the slice.
- Place the apples onto wax-papered baking pans, and set them in the freezer for about 10 minutes until hardened.
- After ten minutes, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and drizzle over the apple slices.
- Return them to the freezer to harden for another 5 minutes.
- ♥ You can place them in the fridge after they have hardened and they should stay together very well. You can also eat them right from the freezer, and the apples have a ice-shavings type of texture that is marvelous.