There is an important logical chain that you need to understand about this recipe before we begin:
♥ French fries are delicious
♥ Baking is healthier than frying
♥ Enjoying Earth’s french fries are baked
♥ Enjoying Earth’s french fries are delicious and healthy
Baking these fries is really one of the easiest healthy food swaps. I make it a goal here to seek out the yummiest and the healthiest foods to share with you, and this baked french fry recipe is one that I have worked on for a while without sharing because I wanted to perfect the technique to make it as yummy and as healthy as possible. After figuring out a great method and trying out the completed recipe MANY times,
I finally took photos before eating them all I finally decided that it was ready to share.
The secret fabric weaving this recipe together is the parchment paper technique. I can provide you the best temperature and time for baking, but parchment paper is the true hero here. It keeps the potatoes from sticking to the pan and burning, and without it you would most likely need oil (Nooooooooooooooooooo!) to keep them from sticking without it. If there is only one part of the recipe that you follow, let it be the use of parchment paper.
As long as you use parchment paper and love potatoes, you will be loving these fries. I don’t know about you, but I definitely prefer higher carb foods over higher fat foods, and potatoes are a daily staple for me. Having had potatoes prepared in so many different ways, I have found that these baked french fries are my favorite way to eat them. I love pairing the fries with a simple lemon-garlic tahini sauce that I always keep in the fridge. I will perfect and share that tahini recipe someday (hopefully soon?) too.
Until that recipe is revealed, you might just have to settle for boring old ketchup.
Let me know what you think about this simple baked fries recipe and what dipping sauces you always pair with your potatoes!
I wish you all the love, peace, and happiness in the world,
- ♥ 3-4 russet potatoes, rinsed
- ♥ Optional: 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees fahrenheit.
- While oven is preheating, wash potatoes and slice into evenly-thick strips.
- Lay fries out in a single layer across a parchment paper-covered baking sheet (Parchment paper is necessary).
- Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Toss fries, and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool for as long as you need, and then munch!
More Enjoying Earth:
- Firstly, let's all say thank you to the goddess behind It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken for creating the vegan mozzarella recipe that inspired this delicious macaroni and cheese sauce. You can find her original recipe here. You can also find the other recipe that I adapted from her mozzarella recipe: an…
- Biscotti is so dang fancy. It makes me feel like a sophisticated, novel-writing coffee connoisseur who folds her legs delicately at the ankles and always holds her pinky up while drinking her tea cup. But most of the time, I'm not fancy enough for a beautiful coffee-shop image. I like biscotti with a big…