I did it! I made an overnight oats recipe. And it. is. good.
I used inspiration from the oatmeal flavor for this one, dates and walnuts. But actually, I prefer it with pecans. Don’t tell.
Mitch and I have become completely hooked on overnight oats. We both used to be really bad about eating breakfast, often skipping it or just eating an accessible piece of candy or something of that nature before rushing out for work, but we have both become more committed to putting something healthy in our bellies before we leave in the mornings. Our two favorite breakfasts currently are smoothies and, of course, overnight oats.
We have been preparing Eating Bird Food’s chocolate banana oats on repeat for the past two weeks now, so I figured that it was time to try a recipe of our own!
Last night when I prepared this date + walnut recipe, I also made a piña colada one which I will be testing tonight. I will let you all know how it turns out with the chance of posting another overnight oats recipe tomorrow. You should know that this is kind of what I do. I binge on new things that I discover and love, and I soak up all of the happiness that I can in finding them before my obsession eases and my love for them returns to normal levels. Whatever that means.
Whoo! I love making Pinterest photos. Maybe I will get tired of it someday, but who knows?
Thank you for stopping by, and have a lovely day!
- ♥ 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ♥ 1/4 cup chopped dates (about 7-8)
- ♥ 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
- ♥ 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ♥ 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- ♥ 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- ♥ 2/3 cup almond milk (plus a tablespoon or so more if you like it to have a cereal milky texture)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mason jar and combine well.
- Place the jar into fridge with the lid screwed on overnight.