Hey there, friends! I am getting adjusted to college life over here, and for the last few days that has meant not blogging or recipe creating or even instagramming. My food has been quickly and messily thrown together and devoured as I have learned to balance living with completing all of my homework. I have caught up where necessary, and I am feeling pretty good at this point. Send me good vibes for a 4.0 gpa, will ya?
Though I haven’t shared a lot, I have discovered a lot. Now that I am getting my class schedule under control, I have big plans for yummy yummy recipes to share with you all! In just the last week, I have made several wonderful bean-based dishes (curries, masalas, etc.), a low-fat baked falafel, and an AMAZING garlic cashew sauce for salads. It will all come out to you sometime, I promise!
For now, I will just share with you my absolute favorite nice cream recipe that I have ever discovered, and that I eat every single day right now (sometimes twice a day): chocolate banana.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe if you try it out!
P.S. As with all nice creams, you can also make this into a chocolate banana smoothie by adding about 3/4 cup milk or water.
Love and peace and nice creams to you all,
- ♥ Three bananas, sliced and frozen
- ♥ 2-4 tablespoons cacao/cocoa powder
- ♥ 2-4 tablespoons water
- ♥ Any desired toppings (fresh fruit, chocolate, nut butter, dates, etc.)
- Slice and freeze bananas as necessary.
- Add frozen bananas to food processor with cacao powder, using cacao to taste preference.
- Grind up until the bananas are in small bits and keep blending until a thick, smooth "ice cream" texture is formed.
- If necessary, add water to help the mixture become smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl, top with your favorite additions, and eat up yo!
- ♥ You could definitely use nut milk in place of water